F R E Q U E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N S
“Who is Designer Affair?”
- Designer Affair is a designer clothing rental business located in Rolleston, Christchurch, that donates 15% of net profits each month to different charities in New Zealand. It is operated by Jacqui Forde, a 25-year-old solo mother and student.
“How do I rent from Designer Affair?
- To rent an item, browse from our selection of garments, when you’ve found the one you want, go to the calendar and select the date of your event you will be wearing it on, add to cart, and then go through the check-out process. The cost to rent each item is displayed on both the collection pages and on their product page on the website, we charge a flat rate of $10 postage for all items and this includes both the overnight courier postage to you and the return postage back to us.
- We post items on the overnight courier service through NZ Post and aim to have your rental delivered to you 1-2 days before the date of your event.
- You will receive a return bag in with your item that is pre-addressed to us, you will need to put the rental into the post bag, and drop off over the counter (not in a drop box/pot box) at your nearest NZ Post Shop before 4pm the next working day after your event.
“How do I know if my order has gone through?”
- If your order is placed successfully you will receive a confirmation on screen with the order details, and a confirmation email will be sent to your email address or a text sent to your cell phone - please make sure your contact details and address are correct before checking out.
"I didn't get a confirmation email, where is it?"
- If you can't see your confirmation email in your inbox, first check your junk/spam. If it's not in your junk inbox then you have likely entered your email address in wrong and will need to email me to fix this.
“Can I try things on before renting?”
- Yes, fittings are available by appointment at our house in Rolleston. Appointments run for 40 minutes and cost $10, this cost is redeemable on a rental. You can book a try on via the online booking system here: https://designeraffair.gettimely.com/book
- You can book a try on 2 weeks in advance
- Appointments do get booked up very quickly so it pays to get in sooner rather than later to avoid missing out.
“Do you do postal try ons?”
- Yes, postal try ons are available at a fee of $30 per garment + $15 postage costs. More info on these can be found on the Try Ons page.
- To arrange one of these please email us with the details of the garment(s) you're wanting to try on and the date of the event that you are looking to book the garment for.
"Is this available on XX/XX/XXXX?”
- To check the availability of any item, simply go into the product page for the item you are wanting to book and check the calendar for availability.
If the date is blacked out and you cannot select it, this means the item is booked.
- If you can select the date and continue to check out, this means it's available for you to book.
“How much is postage?”
- We offer $10 flat rate postage NZ wide for all items(rural delivery & Saturday delivery for late orders incur additional costs), we use NZ Post for all packages and all rentals are posted on overnight courier. This postage cost includes the delivery of the item to you and the return bag (pre-addressed to us) you receive in the bag with your rental.
“When will my rental arrive?”
- We aim to get rentals to you as 1-4 days before your event. The NZ Post delivery that is used for all rentals is their overnight courier, non-signature service. Their delivery target for this service is the next working day, once your rental has been sent, you will receive a fulfilment email from our servers with the tracking number for your package so that you can keep an eye on all updates of delivery.
"I can't find my return postage bag, where is it?"
- All rentals are sent with a return bag, folded up either on top of the garment/s in the package you receive, or folded into the garment/s before being placed in the bag. Please check inside the package for this.
"I've lost my return postage bag, what do I do?"
- You will need to buy a new post bag to send the garment/s back to me in, and pay for the overnight courier non-signature service, then email me the tracking number through so I know that you have sent it back on time, with the appropriate courier service, to avoid charging you late fees.
“Do you do pick ups?”
- Pick up is available from Rolleston and is free of charge.
Just select “pick up” at the check-out when making your booking.
- Pick up details will be sent out in the week of your event when your garment is ready to be picked up.
"Do you do extended rentals?"
- Yes we do, for more information on rentals lasting longer than 5 days and how they work please email us.
"Do you allow people to take garments on holiday/out of the country?"
- Yes we do, certain terms and conditions apply to this, please email us for more information on holiday rentals.
“What happens if the garment I rent does not fit?”
- If the item that you have rented arrives and does not fit, you will not receive a refund. However, if this does happen please email me as soon as possible of the situation as I may be able to arrange an alternate garment to be sent to you.
“What happens if I don’t wear the item I rented?”
- If for whatever reason (event cancelation, you are unable to attend your event etc.) you do not end up wearing the item that you have rented, you will not receive a refund.
“I need an outfit for this weekend, is it too late to place an order?”
- The best time to place an order for a rental that you are requiring for the upcoming weekend is as early possible, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (before 2pm) are the recommended days for making orders, as this allows plenty of time for us to get it ready and posted to you in time.
- For orders placed after 2pm on Wednesday these fall under the late order bracket and are no longer eligible for a refund if they do not arrive to you in time due to postal delays.
- We take orders up until 3pm on Friday’s (orders placed on Friday must be sent on Saturday Delivery postage).
“If I book a rental and then need to cancel will I get a refund?”
- If you no longer require a rental please email us as early as possible to let us know so we can cancel your order, refunds will not always be given in this instance and are assessed on a case by case basis.
- Orders cancelled within 6 hours of being placed will be fully refunded.
“Do I have to clean it before returning?”
- No, all cleaning and dry cleaning is taken care of by us and is included in the cost of your rental.
All you need to once you’ve worn the garment to your event is pop it into the return bag you received and hand it over the counter at an NZ Post shop before 4pm the next working day after your event.
- If an item is stained and requires additional dry cleaning, you will be notified of this and the extra costs will be discussed.
“What happens if accidentally stain or damage the item?”
- If you stain and item please do not attempt to clean the item or get the stain out, just notify us as soon as possible via email and we will assess it when we receive the item back. If it needs extra dry cleaning or treatment you will be notified of this and liable to pay for any/all associate costs to get the stain out. If the stain cannot be removed and the garment needs to be replaced you will be liable to pay for the replacement cost of the item. Similarly if you damage and item by rip, tear or otherwise, please do not attempt to fix or repair the item, just email us with a photo of the damage and we will assess the damage when the item is received back by us. You will be liable to pay for any/all associated costs of repairs. If the damage is irreparable and needs to be replaced, you will be liable to pay for the replacement cost of the garment.
“What sizes do you have?”
- We stock a range of items in size 6 – 16, to view everything we have available in your chosen size, click the menu button on the top right hand corner of the screen, select ‘All Garments’ from the menu and then filter by your size by selecting it at the top of your screen.
“Do you have a shop/When are you open?”
- No, we don’t have a shop.
- The business is run out of Jacqui’s bedroom and so all fitting appointments are strictly by appointment only. In terms of ‘opening hours’ fittings are made around Jacqui’s university schedule and her life with her 5-year-old son, Noah.
- All emails and Facebook/Instagram messages are aimed to be replied to within 48 hours.
- Orders can however be placed through the website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.