F R E Q U E N T L Y A S K E D Q U E S T I O N S
“Who is Designer Affair?”
- Designer Affair is a designer clothing rental business located in Rolleston, Christchurch. Founded in 2015, it is operated by Jacqui, a 25-year-old solo mother, working a full-time corporate Health and Safety role and completing a Bachelor of Business in Human Resource Management and Employment Relations.
“How do I rent from Designer Affair?
- To rent an item, browse from our selection of garments, when you’ve found the one you want, go to the calendar and select the date of your event you will be wearing it on, add to cart, and then go through the check-out process.
- The cost to rent each item is displayed on both the collection pages and on their product page on the website, we charge a flat rate of $10 postage for all items and this includes both the overnight courier postage to you and the return postage back to us.
- Items are posted on the overnight courier service through NZ Post and I aim to have your rental delivered to you at least 1-2 days before the date of your event.
- You will receive a return bag in with your item that is pre-addressed to me, you will need to put the rental into the post bag, and drop off over the counter (not in a drop box/pot box) at your nearest NZ Post Shop before 4pm the next working day after your event.
“How do I know if my order has gone through?”
- If your order is placed successfully you will receive a confirmation on screen with the order details, and a confirmation email will be sent to your email address or a text sent to your cell phone - please make sure your contact details and address are correct before checking out.
"I didn't get a confirmation email, where is it?"
- If you can't see your confirmation email in your inbox, first check your junk/spam. If it's not in your junk inbox then you have likely entered your email address in wrong and will need to email me to fix this.
"I've entered the wrong shipping address for my order, can I change this?"
- If you accidentally put in the wrong address or the form auto-filled on your computer when you placed the order, please email me as soon as you realise so I can change it manually. Once an order has been sent I cannot change the delivery address it is going to.
“Can I try things on before renting?”
- Yes, due to working a full-time corporate role I can no longer offer try on appointments at my house in Rolleston but postal try ons are available for people across the country. More information on these can be found here.
“I have a store credit, how do I use this?”
- If you have a store credit, you would have received an email with the code at the time it was issued. Enter this code into the "discount code" box at the checkout.
- If you have lost/cannot find my email with the code, first check your junk/spam folder, search Designer Affair in your emails, and if you still cannot find it please email email@example.com and I can resend you the information.
"I can't find my return postage bag, where is it?"
- All rentals are sent with a return bag, folded up either on top of the garment/s in the package you receive, or folded into the garment/s before being placed in the bag. Please check inside the package for this, trust me, it's there.
“I've lost my return post bag. What do I do?”
- Firstly, email me (Jacqui) to let me know you've lost it so you don't get charged late fees ($25 per day an item is late being returned) when no scans come onto the associated tracking number for your return.
- You will need to purchase a new post bag to send the garment/s back in, and purchase an overnight courier non-signature ticket for the new bag and email this new tracking number to me as soon as you have sent it. The address to post your rental back to is:
36 Oak Tree Lane
"Is this available on XX/XX/XXXX?”
- To check the availability of any item, simply go into the product page for the item you are wanting to book and check the calendar for availability.
- If you can select the date and add it to your cart, this means it's available for you to book. If the date is blacked out and you cannot select it, this means the item is booked.
“How much is postage?”
- I offer $10 flat rate postage NZ wide for all items(rural delivery & Saturday delivery for late orders incur additional costs), I use NZ Post for all packages and all rentals are posted on overnight courier. This postage cost includes the delivery of the item to you and the return bag (pre-addressed to me) you receive in the bag with your rental.
“Do you deliver to Australia?”
- No, rentals are only sent domestically in NZ, I do not post rentals internationally to Australia/rest of the world.
“When will my rental arrive?”
- I aim to get rentals to you as early as possible in the week of your event, usually 2-3 days before. The NZ Post service that is used for all rentals is their overnight courier service. Their delivery target for this service is the next working day, once your rental has been sent, you will receive a fulfilment email from our servers with the tracking number for your package so that you can keep an eye on all updates of delivery.
- Due to working 8-5 I can no longer send garments the same day they are ordered for rentals required for the immediate weekend. I recommend planning and booking in advance so they are on the schedule at the start of the week. If you need to place an order in the week of your event, I recommend booking on Monday or Tuesday so that it can be sent by Wednesday.
“Do you do pick ups?”
- Pick up is available from Rolleston and is free of charge.
Just select “pick up” at the check-out when making your booking.
- Pick up details will be sent out in the week of your event when your garment is ready to be picked up.
"Do you do extended rentals?"
- Yes I do, for more information on rentals lasting longer than 5 days and how they work please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Do you allow people to take garments on holiday/out of the country?"
- Yes I do, certain terms and conditions apply to this, please email email@example.com for more information on holiday rentals.
“What happens if the garment I rent does not fit?”
- If the item that you have rented arrives and does not fit, you will not receive a refund. However, if this does happen please email me as soon as possible of the situation as I may be able to arrange an alternate garment to be sent to you.
“What happens if I don’t wear the item I rented?”
- If for whatever reason (event cancelation, you are unable to attend your event etc.) you do not end up wearing the item that you have rented, you will not receive a refund.
“What happens if my event is cancelled due to covid-19 related restrictions?”
- If your event is postponed/cancelled because of a change in alert levels, you will receive a full store credit to use within 12 months of your original rental date.
- If your event is postponed and you would like to have the date of your rental moved to accomodate this please email me and I can do this for you manually.
- As in 2020 refunds are not given in these circumstances and store credits are given in good faith.
“I need an outfit for this weekend, is it too late to place an order?”
- The best time to place an order for a rental that you are requiring for the upcoming weekend is as early possible, Monday and Tuesday are the recommended days for making orders, as this allows me to get it ready and posted to you in plenty of time for your event.
- For orders placed after 7am on Wednesday's these fall under the late order bracket and are no longer eligible for a refund if they do not arrive to you in time due to postal delays. This is cut off time is due to me working 8-5 and not being able to send any orders placed while I am at work.
- I take orders up to midnight on Thursday's (orders placed must be ordered with Saturday Delivery postage paid for at checkout).
“If I book a rental and then need to cancel will I get a refund?”
- If you no longer require a rental please email us as early as possible to let us know so we can cancel your order, refunds will not always be given in this instance and are assessed on a case by case basis.
- Orders cancelled within 6 hours of being placed will be fully refunded.
“Do I have to clean it before returning?”
- No, all cleaning and dry cleaning is taken care of by us and is included in the cost of your rental. All you need to once you’ve worn the garment to your event is pop it into the return bag you received and hand it over the counter at an NZ Post shop before 4pm the next working day after your event.
- If an item is stained and requires additional dry cleaning, you will be notified of this and the extra costs will be discussed.
“What happens if accidentally stain or damage the item?”
- If you stain and item please do not attempt to clean the item or get the stain out, just notify us as soon as possible via email and we will assess it when we receive the item back. If it needs extra dry cleaning or treatment you will be notified of this and liable to pay for any/all associate costs to get the stain out. If the stain cannot be removed and the garment needs to be replaced you will be liable to pay for the replacement cost of the item. Similarly if you damage and item by rip, tear or otherwise, please do not attempt to fix or repair the item, just email us with a photo of the damage and we will assess the damage when the item is received back by us. You will be liable to pay for any/all associated costs of repairs. If the damage is irreparable and needs to be replaced, you will be liable to pay for the replacement cost of the garment.
“What sizes do you have?”
- We stock a range of items in size 6 – 16, to view everything we have available in your chosen size, click the SHOP button on the top right hand corner of the screen, and then filter by your size by selecting it at the top of your screen.
“Do you have a shop/When are you open?”
- No, I don’t have a shop. Due to moving into a corporate role try on appointments are no longer available in Rolleston, try ons are available via post for anyone in NZ.
- All emails and Facebook/Instagram messages are aimed to be replied to within 48 hours.
- Orders can however be placed through the website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.